I've been working on the characters for my novel today. I came up with a fourth, so I've got what I want. Four friends who get together every year. Each time I think of something that could happen it sounds like a (very good) Lifetime Movie. I'm trying to think of stuff not so over the top, but I can't help it. It's where my mind goes.
Anyway, although there isn't much to my characters yet, I wanted to introduce them. Maybe you can suggest something or point out a flaw (if there is one). I'm trying not to be too stereotypical or copy anything else that has been done.
Here they are (in no particular order---I haven't decided whose story it is yet):
* Jenna--stay at home mom to Katie (6) and Amy (3); married to Kevin. Her family owns the beach house where the women get together each year. She coordinates the trip each year. She has a "picture perfect" life and is very happy (sometimes too happy).
* Meredith--teacher. Lives with life partner (Julie) and one child, Nathan (8). Nathan is Julie's biological child, but the two women have raised him since he was born.
* Krissy--detective. Divorced/single. Lives alone with dog (Chloe). She is the sassy one in the group.
* Beverly--don't know much about her yet. I think she was once a lawyer who decided not to practice law anymore and has decided to write. Something may happen to pull her back into law.
See it's not much, but it's four girls who have known each other a long time who are each going to bring something special to the novel. Feel free to leave some feedback.
Hi Kimberly,
ReplyDeleteGlad I finally got a chance to read your blog! Good for you! You might consider posting shorter excerpts of your stories each time. It would be fun to leave a reader looking forward to the next post.
Maryann Gremillion