I've got three characters for my novel. I really wanted four, but I've only come up with three. If I can't come up with a fourth name, then there will only be the three, but I hate odd numbers, so I'm going to see what I can do.
My novel is about three (hopefully four) friends that have known each other since high school. They are best friends and can't imagine a life without each other. They go to different colleges, but decide to spend spring break together each year. The novel takes place on their 18th spring break (the women are now 36). I have not decided what adventure they are going to go on or what is going to happen to make this different than other years, but I've got a beginning and that is a big step.
Keep reading the blog for more updates on my novel. If you have any suggestions or ideas, let me know. I could use all the help I can get right now!
i assume you've already "researched" your characters? i was reading something by Randy Bomer the other day where he said he always encourages his students to really get to know and spend time with their characters...even going so far as to create a timeline of their lives. even if they don't use hardly any of what they've created, they know them so well, it makes it easier to put them in various situations and get stuck less often.
ReplyDelete