As I mentioned, I am currently working on a collection of short stories. I think the collection will have about 10 stories (is this right? should there be more?). I have several stories in the works and at different parts of the writing process. Here is what we're looking at so far...
1. The Journey: It's the story of Kalle, who is trying to deal with a rape that happened about 9 years ago. She is suicidal, seeing that as her only way to escape her rapist who still haunts her. What will she do? Can her best friend, Jason, save her?
2. Postcards: It's the story of Alexa and Bryan who had broken up several years ago, but have kept in contact through blank postcards. Bryan requests a meeting and Alexa decides to go. What does he want? What will Alexa decide to do?
3. Summer of Choice: It's the story of Kate who is faced with a surprise pregnancy. The love of her life, Will, totally surprises her with his reaction to the news. What will she do? How much will Will and her feelings for him influence her decision?
4. Sessions: This story is new, but it's about promiscuity. Beth joins a group for sex addicts and explores her own sexuality. What is the root of her promiscuity?
5. Afraid to Love: Also a new story. It's the story of Simone and Ben and how they find love in an unlikely place. I know, sounds like it has been done before, but how will this story be different?
Stories six and seven are untitled. Six is about a woman dealing with bipolar disorder, and seven is about motherhood. They are in the very early stages of the process.
So, question to my blog readers: What story do you want to read? Why? I'll probably post them in the order that they have been completed, but if one sparks your interest and you can't wait to read it, let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment