Sunday, September 26, 2010

Introductory Post

Hello, my name is Kimberly and I'm a writer.  I've been writing since I was in elementary school.  I used to make newspapers for my family to read when I was in second grade.  In junior high school, I wrote short stories and even started a novel (I still have it somewhere).  In high school I branched out to poetry and even attempted a play.  I wrote some in college, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I got really serious about my writing.  My concentration is fiction, and I am working on a collection of short stories.  I tend to write about serious women's issues (rape, abortion, relationships, etc), so my audience is adult women.

I have only been published once and it was while I was in college.  I had a poem published in the college literary magazine.  It was published anonymously.  It dealt with my own rape and the healing process I was going through.  At the time, since the event was so fresh, I felt it was better to publish it without my name on it.  But now, 15 years later, I wish my name was on it so I could show that I was published and that my words were out there for others to read.

My current goals are to finish my collection of short stories and shop it around.  Hopefully, I'll find an agent willing to take a chance on me and get my collection out there for others to read.  I really want to make a difference in the world by sharing my stories because I know that there are other women out there that are in similar situations to my characters.  I want to help other women.

This blog will be my chance to talk about my project and share my stories.  I appreciate feedback and encourage others to follow my blog.  Likewise, I would like to meet other writers and offer my feedback and suggestions for their work.

Happy Writing (and reading)!

No comments:

Post a Comment